Skip to main content

Safeguarding is about us working together to make sure that children, young people and adults are safe and protected, free from harm, abuse or neglect. Adults should also be free to make their own choices.

We are committed to preventing the abuse of individuals who are vulnerable and we respond promptly when concerns are raised.

If you are worried, concerned, or scared about the way you, or someone you know is being treated, or is treating themselves, don’t keep it to yourself, tell us.

For Children

If you are a child or young person

If you are worried and you feel that you need to speak to someone, you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or email them by visiting

If you think it is an emergency call 999

Report a concern about a child or young person

If you are concerned about a child or young person please call the telephone numbers below.

  • During office hours call the children's services service on 0300 555 0050 selecting option 4 (9:00 – 5:00 Mon-Fri).
  • Out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 555 8574.
  • In an emergency call 999.

If you contact Dudley safeguarding you will speak to a professional who will listen to your concerns. They may take a few details and might need to contact you again but your concern will be dealt with quickly and appropriately.

You do not need to provide your name or give contact details if you do not wish to do so. Anonymous calls will not be ignored.

If you are not happy with the service you receive please contact children’s services corporate complaints by emailing or call 0300 5552345.

Alternatively you can contact the NSPCC on 0800 800 5000 or email  them by visiting their website

For practitioners and those working with children

The Dudley Multi Agency Referral Form is an online form on the Dudley Children's Portal for referring safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people.

Please complete the form online via the Dudley Children's Portal site to send it to the single point of access team.

In addition you can call 0300 555 0050.

For an Early Help Assessment (non statutory) please go to our Early Help pages for more information.

For further guidance go to:

For Adults (aged 18+)

Report a concern about an adult

If you are an adult or if you have concerns about someone you know please use the details below to report your concerns or for a referral:

  • Call us 0300 555 0055 and select option 1 (between 9am - 5pm)
  • Alternatively you can use the form below
  • Outside of office hours and Bank Holidays call 0300 555 8574

For Public - Report a Concern or Referral for an adult

For practitioners and those working with adults

Professionals can use the below link to report a concern to adult safeguarding:

For Professionals - Report a Concern or Referral