Recently Viewed

Close Remove All


Someone is concerned about your child or young person?

If someone is concerned about your child the local authority will look into it and may contact you to see how they can help support you and your child’s needs.

They may be able to provide information about different services you can access such as children’s centres, parenting classes, child care support, job centre plus, training advice and family health services to name but a few.

The social workers are there to help and advise you and your family.

Help and Advice

The Family Information Service(FIS) directory is a useful guide to services and organisations that support children and young people, parents, carers and the people who work with them.

From antenatal classes to dance groups, disability support to healthy eating, we hope to meet everyone's needs.

You can search for a local service or activity by type, location or age range, and can also search for specific requirements, for example wheelchair access or languages spoken.

Visit our  online family service directory

If you are not happy with the service you receive please contact children’s services corporate complaints by emailing or call 0300 555 2345